What’s better than a post-workout smoothie?
Answer: A post-workout smoothie bowl.
Our bodies process the act of eating as filling us up more than the act of sipping, so smoothie bowls actually seem more filling than a simple smoothie! Plus, you can have fun with toppings.
If you do prefer your smoothies in a sippable form (that’s great for on the go!), just make this and pour into your favorite cup. I’d add a little more almond milk or water to thin it out so you can actually sip it through a straw!
This low-sugar bowl is perfect for summer and contains healthy fats and protein to fill you up. It’s naturally low carb, so if you’re looking for something a little higher carb, feel free to add in some banana, plantain, butternut squash, or steamed sweet potato!
BLUEBERRY MINT CAULI LOW SUGAR SMOOTHIE BOWL
• 1 packet Wildway of Life Recover smoothie base (has collagen, egg white protein & probiotics) OR 2 scoops collagen OR 1 serving of your favorite protein powder (I like hemp)
• 1 tbsp Manitoba Harvest organic hemp hearts
• 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
• ¼ cup frozen cauliflower
• ¼ cup frozen blueberries
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ½ avocado
• Splash of mint extract OR 1 sprig fresh mint
• Suggested toppings: sprouted seeds/nuts, cacao nibs, almond butter, grain free granola, bee pollen, frozen fruit
For more healthy recipes and lifestyle tips, check out Nancy’s blog Approaching Paleo or her instagram @approachingpaleo!